More than 100K domains are purchased every day, and each domain registered out there is looking for a best-hosting company to get started with.
Me being an owner for this domain. I feel it’s essential for us to know the best hosting platform for our needs.
So currently, I feel GoDaddy and BlueHost are the most preferred hosting services in the market.Keeping in mind that you have just purchased a domain and what your requirements are?
I am going to tell you about the ins and outs of purchasing a hosting either on GoDaddy (or) Bluehost.So in this way, my content could help you choose in between GoDaddy v/s Bluehost hosting.
GoDaddy is an American based domain registration and web hosting company founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons.
At first, the company was named as “Go Daddy” in 1999. Later in February 2006, they changed it’s branding to “GoDaddy”.As of now, the company has 19 million customers worldwide.
GoDaddy has been grown within itself during these ongoing years, and that’s the reason why GoDaddy has been providing a vast range of services like different types of domain hosting, domain registrations, marketing, website building and other website security-related services.
On the other hand, BlueHost is a web hosting company found in 2003 by Matt Heaton. Currently, this company is owned by Endurance International Group (EIG).
As of now, BlueHost are collectively hosting well over 2 million domains with its sister companies. Along these years, Bluehost has grown its market as the web hosting service providers.
Today they provide multiple web hosting services along with their domain registrations and marketing services.
Since we’re done with history check of both the companies (GoDaddy & BlueHost). Let’s go dive into the comparison of Bluehost vs GoDaddy web hosting.
- Uptime and Site Speed: Bluehost is one of the fastest web hosting service provider. It guarantees 99.99% of uptime for your website and truly stands out in terms of site load speed.
- Usability: This is a critical metric to count on for a buyer. Because the easy the usability of a Cpanel is the more often the buyer feels safe to use a service. In this case, Bluehost Cpanel is pretty user-friendly. Even a non-techy guy could land on its Cpanel and figure out which button related to which function!
- Customer Support: Bluehost provides excellent support to its customers all around the globe. As a customer, it’s easy to reach their customer support team either via live chat (or) call. Their team always finds a way to solve a customer issue with proper dedication.
- Types Of Web Hosting Services: Bluehost is majorly known for it’s hosting services. They offer three types of hostings:-
- Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
Shared Hosting provides a shared place to host your website along with other sites.
In VPS Hosting, a Virtual Private Server (VPS) is provided for your website storage. This enhances your website overall performance, speed and control.
Dedicated Hosting, is the Hosting for websites with high traffic and need high security. This Hosting helps more significant sites to stay secure and productive.
In addition to these three hosting services. Bluehost hosting does provide hosting for WordPress websites/blogs with the intent to help small businesses on WordPress to grow effectively.
- Pricing: Bluehost hosting price starts at $3.95$ per month. This is “Shared Hosting Plan” where one server handles multiple websites. As a new website, this plan is enough for all type of requirements.
There are always promotions on these web hosting plans. You can check them out and get the discount:
- Uptime and Site Speed: GoDaddy uptime has been excellent throughout their service period. It offers mostly 99.94% uptime for a site and seems to work nicely for new websites. But due to various servers present at different locations. It affects the site speed depending on where the site is being loaded.
- Usability: GoDaddy Cpanel is beginner-friendly and can be very easy to handle. The interface works fine for any end-user, and a person with tech knowledge can do a lot of stuff in their Cpanel itself.
- Customer Support: Godaddy customer support is fully dedicated, and their teams help you with even a small issue regarding your hosting. Godaddy does exceptional work here for their customers.
- Types Of Web Hosting Services: GoDaddy offers a wide range of hosting services. Mainly I could categorize then into six. They are:-
- Web Hosting
- Business Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting Service
Web Hosting is mostly preferred by most of us. It gets the job done for new websites and even established a website regarding the hosting service.
Business Hosting provides VPS servers to handle your website and enhance the ease of use for any user. This hosting much powerful than shared hosting.
Reseller Hosting is the all in one solution to look after your websites where you can sell the hosting services and start your own hosting business.
WordPress, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting services in GoDaddy provide a similar type of output as of Bluehost hosting.
- Pricing: GoDaddy lowest pricing starts at $5.99 /mo. This is their “Economy plan”. Widely used by newer website owners. But these plans give to minimal features to work with when compared to “BlueHost Shared Hosting“.
Bluehost vs GoDaddy Web Hosting Comparison Table
Bluehost v/s GoDaddy Hosting For A WordPress Blog
Many of you are leveraging WordPress for your business. I have decided to put up a section to showcase the WordPress hosting features provided by GoDaddy and Bluehost.
Both Godaddy and Bluehost have come with hosting plans solely for WordPress users to make it simple and one-click setup to install WordPress and manages their websites.
WordPress hosting starts at 3.95$/mo. This hosting lets you have automatic WordPress installed for your domain. As with Shared Hosting Plan, this Basic Plan lets you have a free SSL certificate installed with 50 SSD storage for one website.
You can get free and premium WordPress themes with this Bluehost hosting. This plan you could get a FREE 200$ marketing credits from Bluehost. These credits will help you spend 100$ on Microsoft advertising and 100$ on Google ads.
Godaddy WordPress hosting starts at 6.99$/mo. This is their “Basic” plan. This plan lets you have a domain for free for one year with 30 GB SSD storage. But no SSL certificate.
Apart from this, you can one free business email for one year with website backup protection and daily malware scans.
GoDaddy here offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee and CDN boost of 50% which helps with your website load time. There are going to be automatic WordPress security updates and a FREE drag and drop page builder to make it even easy for you to customize your websites.
So for WordPress hosting. I would recommend you to go for the hosting which matches your requirement.
Godaddy offers more for its price, and it’s a value for money. At the other hand, Bluehost does it’s best to provide the necessary support for its WordPress hosting service.
At last, after going through what both Godaddy and Bluehost hosting services has to offer.
I will give out my best choice to go for a hosting service that suits you.
So, for a regular website justing looking for best monthly hosting (Rather Than WordPress Hosting). I would undoubtedly go for BlueHost Web Hosting Service.
Because Bluehost offers more value than it’s other competitors in the market and especially GoDaddy. If you’re someone who is looking to grow their business and want the best hosting provider for long-term success, then Bluehost is the one!
Anyway, on the other hand, GoDaddy is not that bad to start with!
If you’re someone who is just starting and looking to go for web hosting for a short-term period and test your business, then there is the right choice to choose GoDaddy.
GoDaddy with their higher packages offers the service, which is worth every penny….!
Check My Recent Posts: